Maria’s Weekly Recipe:FLAUGNARDE OF MIXED BERRIES (CLAFOUTIS)
This warm berry custard called a Flaugnarde, similar to clafoutis, may sound fancy, but you won’t believe how easy it is to whip up!
2 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
3 large eggs
10 tbsp light agave nectar, or sugar
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup 1% milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
powdered sugar for dusting
1.Preheat the oven to 350F°.
2. Lightly spray a baking dish with baking spray and dust with a little flour. Toss in the berries.
berries in a baking dish
3. Whisk the eggs, agave, salt, and flour together in a large bowl until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth then pour into the baking dish.
4. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. When you pull it out of the oven it will wiggle a bit which is completely normal. Cool on a wire rack. The flaugnarde will have puffed up a bit and will deflate while cooling.
6. When cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve.