MARIA’S WEEKLY RECIPE :PROTEIN BOOST OAT WAFFLES
Updated: Jul 20, 2021
Serving size: 2 small waffles:
These high protein waffles are made with cottage cheese, oat flour and eggs. So good you'll never make them any other way!
• 2/3 cup 4% milk fat small curd cottage cheese
• 2 large eggs, separated
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon sugar, (optional) *use favorite sweetener
• 1 cup oat flour, or grind old-fashioned rolled oats in blender
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat a waffle iron on its medium setting.
2. Place cottage cheese, egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar, if using in the blender. Add 6 tablespoons water, oat flour, baking powder and salt and blend until mixture is smooth batter. Transfer to a medium bowl using a spatula to get all the batter out.
3. Beat the egg white to soft peaks then fold into the batter.
4. Spray pre-heated waffle iron with oil spray. Pour batter into iron (about 1/4 cup) and cook until golden brown and steam is no longer being released.